Dr. Earth Hasassri, MD
I am a Volunteer Clinical Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at the University of California, San Francisco. I am a licensed physician in California and double board-certified as a Psychiatrist and Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. I completed a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry fellowship at Stanford University and my Adult Psychiatry residency at UCSF.
Prior to medical school, I completed two undergraduate bachelor’s degrees in Physiology & Neuroscience (B.S.) and Psychology (B.A.) at the University of California, San Diego with a minor in Global Health.
I attended medical school (M.D.) at the Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine, the number one ranked hospital according to US News & World Report for more than 30 years and a top-ten ranked medical school. Here, I developed an interest in child and adolescent mental health while evaluating and treating medically complex illnesses that caused seemingly irreparable harm on the identities of these children and the functioning in their family unit and school communities.
I then completed my Psychiatry Residency at the University of California, San Francisco where I was awarded an area of distinction in clinical neuroscience for my clinical work at applying neuroscientific principles into clinical practice between the interface of psychiatry and neurology. My psychotherapy training here included cognitive behavioral therapy, interpersonal therapy, emotionally focused therapy for couples and families, cognitive processing therapy for trauma, and psychodynamic psychotherapy. I sought deeper training in psychotherapy at the San Francisco Center for Psychoanalysis where I completed the Foundations of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Training Program.
After finishing residency, I pursued subspecialty fellowship training at Stanford University in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. Here, I trained in the psychotherapeutic modalities of cognitive behavioral therapy in children and adolescents with a special focus on functional neurological disorders such as psychogenic nonepileptic seizures, parent management training, psychodynamic play therapy, supportive parenting for anxious childhood emotions (SPACE), and comprehensive behavioral intervention for tics (CBIT) which includes habit reversal training.
- University of California, San Diego – B.S., B.A.
- Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine – M.D.
- University of California, San Francisco – Psychiatry Residency
- San Francisco Center for Psychoanalysis – Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Training Program
- Stanford University School of Medicine – Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship
- Physician’s and Surgeon’s License (California Medical License) by the Medical Board of California
- Controlled Substance Registration Certificate (United States Department of Justice Drug Enforcement Agency License)
- Board-Certified in Psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN), a member Board of the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
- Board-Certified in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry by ABPN, a member Board of the ABMS
- Volunteer Clinical Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at the University of California, San Francisco
- American Psychiatric Association (APA)
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP)
- Northern California Psychiatric Society (NCPS)
- Northern California Regional Organization for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (NCROCAP)
- American Neuropsychiatric Association (ANPA)
- Functional Neurological Disorder Society
Ready to Get Started?
Dr. Earth Hasassri, MD
Child, Adolescent, & Adult Psychiatrist
825 Oak Grove Ave, D-202
Menlo Park, CA 94025